The AACC Faculty Innovation Award recognizes faculty of AACC member institutions who have demonstrated leadership in the development and implementation of a campus program that has had positive impact on the learning experience for students. The outcome of this program should result in the improvement of student completion numbers within in a course or degree field. Nominees should demonstrate an ongoing commitment to student access and success.
- Meets all General Guidelines for the AACC Awards Program.
- Leads substantive and ongoing innovation in the classroom that promotes and supports student access and success.
- The initiave for which the faculty member is being nominated should be scalable and has resulting in improved completion numbers for the college.
- Innovation will:
Focus on access and student success.
Show a move from low rates of student success to high rates of student success.
Support eradicating achievement gaps.
Is based in a culture of evidence.
- The innovation incorporates the use data analytics, educational diagnostics, and learning management systems to ensure that students are acheiving mastery within the course or program.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be employed by or, in the case of trustees, represent an AACC member college in good standing.
- Nomination form should be signed by the chief executive officer of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages should be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to AACC's YouSendIt Mailbox AND include the following:
a.) Nomination form [PDF].
b.) A statement not to exceed 200 words establishing the rationale for why the nominated institution should be selected as the Exellence Award recipient.
c.) Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO.
d.) Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) not to exceed five (5) pages.
e.) Photo release and model release forms [PDF].
-- AND --
f.) E-mail separately a publication quality head shot [300 dpi resolution or higher] of the college faculty member to Dr. Angel Royal at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "National Awards Program Nomination Photo."
Deadline for receipt of entries is Wednesday, October 31, 2013. Finalists for the award will be notified in advance. Names of award winner(s) will be embargoed until announced at the AACC Convention.
IMPORTANT: Nominating package should be contained IN ONE PDF and the file name should be the NAME OF YOUR INSTITUTION. [Example: MontgomeryCollege.pdf] Also, please include "National Awards Program Nomination" in the subject line provided when you click on the link below to ensure proper delivery.