Six commissions authorized by the AACC Board are covered by these guidelines. Each consists of an average of 24 people from member institutions who are CEOs or administrators, plus additional people from organizations who work in areas that are relevant to the specific commissions' specific charges. The commissions are listed below, and general activity areas are noted for each. The activity areas are intended to be viewed as suggestive rather than definitive.
The six commissions are:
- Commission on Academic, Student and Community Development
- Commission on Communications and Marketing
- Commission on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
- Commission on Economic and Workforce Development
- Commission on Global Education
- Commission on Research, Technology and Emerging Trends
- Commission on College Readiness
- Commission on Structured Pathways
- Commission on Leadership and Professional Development
Commissions were established to accomplish the following:
- provide advice to the AACC Board and staff;
- encourage collaboration among community college entities and organizations;
- provide a forum for focused conversation about the important community college issues and priorities of the day;
- provide for increased involvement in the Association by AACC member CEOs and other professional staff; and
- provide leadership opportunities for members of the AACC Board of Directors (who serve as Chairs).
2016 Commission Nominations
Commission nominations will be accepted from February 19 - May 20, 2016. All forms must be received by AACC no later than 5:00pm EST.
Institutional Member Nomination Application click here.
Affiliated Council Nomination Form click here.