The Steering Committee will generally oversee the implementation of recommendations set forth in the report of the 21st-Century Commission on the Future of Community Colleges, as the implementation pertains to work in the community college field and with partners in other educational sectors, federal and state policy leaders, philanthropy, and the employer community.
Primary tasks are:
- Coordinate the work of the various implementation teams charged with specific tasks.
- Determine how progress on the implementation and impact of the Commission report will be assessed and reported to the community college field.
- Develop an annual progress report for submission to the President/CEO of AACC, addressing each of the recommendations set forth in the Commission report.
- Based on progress achieved, submit recommendations to the President/CEO of AACC as to whether additional or follow-up implementation teams should be appointed to accomplish specific implementation tasks.
- Recommend functions and information resources to be incorporated in AACC's 21st-Century Center.
Note: The Steering Committee's role specifically does not extend to the recommendation of organizational strategy for the American Association of Community Colleges, which is rather within the purview of AACC leadership and its Board of Directors.