Name: HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
President: John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D.
Year established: 1964
Governing Board Website
Fall Credit Enrollment
African American: 2,154
American Indian/Alaskan: 67
Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 43
Non-Resident Alien: 378
Two or more: 528
John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D.
Timothy L. Sandoe
Quote from the President
“HACC changes lives. HACC is proud of our student focus and the successes of those who have benefited from their HACC experience. We are humbled by the many, many heart-warming testimonials from our students, employees, alumni, donors, education and business partners and others about how HACC has changed their lives or someone close to them.”
HACC has five (5) campuses in Central Pennsylvania:
- HACC’s Gettysburg Campus – located near Gettysburg
- HACC’s Harrisburg Campus – located in the City of Harrisburg, the state capitol
- HACC’s Lancaster Campus – located on the outskirts of City of Lancaster
- HACC’s Lebanon Campus – located in downtown in the City of Lebanon
- HACC’s York Campus – located in the City of York
- HACC is the largest and oldest of Pennsylvania's 14 community colleges.
- HACC was the first community college to develop an online student community and is the first in Pennsylvania in terms of virtual learning enrollment. Today, nearly 12,000 students are enrolled in HACC’s online courses annually.
- HACC was the first community college in the world to deliver complete college courses through Apple’s iTunes U.
- HACC is the top community college in Pennsylvania in the number of veterans served and often shares the top spot in all of the state’s institutions of higher learning with Penn State University.