Name: Hillsborough Community College
President/CEO: Ken Atwater
Campus Setting: Urban
Year Established: 1968
Governing Board Website
Student Characteristics Based on Fall 2010 IPEDS Data
2010 Fall Credit Enrollment
Total Enrollment: 27,955
Part Time: 59.7%
Asian/Pacific Islander: 3.2%
Native American: 0.5%
Quote from the President
“There is no single institution better positioned to contribute to the economic vitality of a community than a community college. For over 43 years, Hillsborough Community College has been proud to distinguish itself as an invaluable contributor to the social and economic fabric of Tampa Bay. Through the commitment of our dedicated faculty and staff, that and an unwavering focus on student success, our graduates go on to achieve great things because of the foundation that they received at HCC.”
- HCC is the fifth largest community college in Florida, serving over 48,000 students annually at its five campuses and three centers.
- HCC built the first LEED-certified community college campus in the state.
- Over 75% of our graduates stay in the Tampa Bay area, and, together with the college’s operations, have an annual economic impact of more than $860 million due to added income of our former students and increased business productivity.
- The college provides training for the majority of Tampa’s first responders through its health science, police, and fire academies.
- HCC is an Achieving the Dream Leader College.