|Name: Jackson Community College
President/CEO: Daniel J. Phelan
Campus Setting: Main campus in Jackson County located in a rural setting just outside city limits; campuses also located in neighboring Lenawee and Hillsdale counties
Year Established: 1928
|Student Characteristics Based on Fall 2010 IPEDS Data
2010 Fall Credit Enrollment
Total Enrollment: 7,870
Part Time: 54.5%
Asian/Pacific Islander: 0.8%
Native American: 0.8%
Daniel J. Phelan
Edward A. Mathein
Quote from the President
“Student success is our first priority at Jackson Community College (JCC). With excellence in teaching and top-quality learning environments, students are prepared for the workplace or for further study at a university. JCC provides corporate and continuing education opportunities for business and the community and is a rich, vibrant cultural center for arts and entertainment.”
- In fall 2011 JCC opened its newest facility, the Health Laboratory Center, offering classroom and laboratory space with real-world feel for students in nursing and allied health fields. Over the past 10 years, JCC has built five new buildings and renovated five others.
- JCC operates three locations serving the South Central Michigan region, the main campus in Jackson, and campuses in neighboring Lenawee County and Hillsdale County.
- JCC is one of only a handful of community colleges that offer on-campus residence housing for students with its Campus View community on the Jackson campus.
- JCC serves the business and training needs of the community through its Corporate and Continuing Education office.
- JCC is home of one of the area’s premier performing arts complexes, the Potter Center. The Potter Center has three theatres and welcomes professional main stage productions and entertainers, community arts and musical groups such as the Jackson Symphony Orchestra and Michigan Shakespeare Festival, student performers, and is available to local schools for concerts, plays and more.