Name: Lone Star College System
Chancellor: Stephen C. Head, Ph.D.
Campus Setting: Large City, Suburban
Year Established: 1972
Governing Board Website
Student Characteristics Based on Fall 2015 IPEDS Data
2015 Fall Credit Enrollment
Total Enrollment: 70,724
Part Time: 74%
Full Time: 26%
Asian/Pacific Islander: 6%
Stephen C. Head, Ph.D.
Alton Smith, Ed.D.
Quote from the President
“Lone Star College is committed to student success. To address the needs of our students and community, Lone Star College developed a strategic plan to make sure we meet our goals and objectives. This plan upholds our basic principles of having sound financial practices and a positive employee culture that produces high quality academic and workforce programs. The LSC Strategic Plan also calls for developing and maintaining partnerships with local ISDs and civic, charitable, higher education and business organizations to promote student and community success.”
- Lone Star College is one of the fastest-growing community college systems in the nation.
- LSC is the fourth-largest producer of associate degrees for community colleges nationwide. LSC ranks fourth for community colleges nationwide for the number of its Hispanic students receiving associate degrees. LSC ranks fifth in the country with the most international students.
- LSC is committed to student success and credential completion preparing students for careers in high-demand industries such as energy, manufacturing, computer technology and health care.
- Not only great in size, LSC has a $3.1 billion annual economic impact and is a major and growing contributor to the local economy.
- LSC was named to the 2017 Military Friendly School list by the G.I. Jobs Military Friendly Schools team.