Name: Neosho County Community College
President: Brian Inbody
City: Chanute and Ottawa
Campus Setting: Rural
Year Established: 1936
Governing Board Website
Student Characteristics Based on Fall 2010 IPEDS Data
2010 Fall Credit Enrollment
Total Enrollment: 2,317
Part Time: 63.5%
Full Time: 36.5%
Asian/Pacific Islander: 1.8%
Native American: 1.3%
Quote from the President
Neosho County Community College (NCCC) is the fastest-growing community college in Kansas. NCCC has one of the largest nursing programs in Kansas and has recently open two state-of-the-art simulated hospitals in Chanute and Ottawa. The college has won three national awards—two for our campus-wide outcomes assessment system and one for the design, funding and implementation of our newest addition, a 52,000 square foot Ottawa Campus. The Chanute Campus plays host to regional youth soccer tournaments, charitable events such as Relay for Life, and local civic club meetings.
- NCCC is the fastest-growing community college in Kansas.
- No state aid or local tax dollars were used to build the new Ottawa campus.
- After the 2012 season, three NCCC baseball players were drafted by major league teams
- NCCC received $2 million in grants for various projects in 2011.
- NCCC offers health care training programs such as health information technology, occupational therapy assistant, medical surgery technician, certified nurse’s aide, medical assistant and certified medical aide.