LASSEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of:
Executive Vice President
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Under the general direction of the Superintendent/President, the Executive Vice-President of Academic Services is the Chief Instructional and Chief Student Services Officer of the college and manages all functions associated with its instructional and student support services. The Executive Vice-President of Academic Services is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and oversight of all college student support services and instructional offerings, promoting student learning, and supervising faculty, staff, and educational administrators.
This is an educational administrator position, responsible for a range of services that form the core of the college's instructional and student services areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Plan, organize, direct and participate in a full range of responsibilities relating to instructional and student support services that include but are not limited to:
- Institutional Effectiveness (Plan, Implement, Evaluate, and Modify)
- Program and Curriculum Development, Review, and Termination
- Learning Support Services (Library, Learning Center, and Training Center)
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Distance Education
- Student Support Services (Matriculation)
- Special Programs (Categorical)
- Institutional Research
2) Maintain institutional compliance with accreditation standards.
3) Oversee preparation of budgets and monitor expenditures.
4) Prepare and submit required reports.
5) Participate in the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of faculty and staff.
6) Hear faculty and student grievances.
7) Serve on college committees; represent the District at assigned local, regional, and State meetings.
8) Provide leadership to all areas of instructional and student services.
9) Fulfill administrative responsibilities in compliance with the District's mission, goals, policies, and collective bargaining agreements.
10) Foster cooperation by encouraging and maintaining open communications and by supporting the implementation of shared governance.
11) Exercise judgments which are dispassionate, fair, consistent, and equitable.
12) Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in education and to principles of ethical behavior.
13) Perform other duties as assigned
- Analyze problems, determine effective solutions, take independent action for successful results.
- Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive written and oral reports.
- Hire, direct, supervise, and formally evaluate the work of others.
- Project forward to estimate future needs and constraints.
- Effectively communicate in both oral and written forms.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Maintain currency in technological developments in areas of responsibility.
Requires sufficient visual acuity to recognize words and numbers; auditory capacity to speak and hear in public settings; ambulatory ability to make presentations; and ability to travel to other locations.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Sensitivity to, and an understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds of staff, students, and the public.
- Knowledge of the history and culture of underrepresented groups and groups that have experienced discrimination.
Starting Salary Range - $106,760 to $129,755 DOQ
Application Review Begins: January 1, 2013
Final Filing Date: March 1, 2013
Anticipated Start Date: June, 2013
Please submit the following in order to be considered for this position:
- A completed Lassen Community College online application. Go to the Lassen Community College website at www.lassencollege.edu.
- Letter of interest.
- Resume addressing qualifications for the position.
- Transcripts of all post high school education (unofficial copies are acceptable).
For questions, please contact Lassen Community College Human Resources at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 257-6181 x 8995.