Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks an entrepreneurial, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of the Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College in Cumberland, KY. This position is now available upon the retirement of Dr. W. Bruce Ayers, who has served in this leadership role for more than twenty five years. This position will also be instrumental in strengthening existing partnerships with other higher education institutions and the community. The successful candidate must have recent senior-level administrative experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience; must be a person of high integrity and energy; must have an earned doctorate from an accredited institution; and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition the successful candidate should have:
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community/technical college mission.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a larger system in a dynamic environment.
- Successful, progressively responsible leadership experience within a similar institution.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, presentation and listening skills necessary to build teams and manage change.
- Experience in developing effective coalitions and partnerships through collaboration with an understanding of the community and KCTCS.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the Appalachian Region.
- Experience in strategic planning and managing a budget within a similar institution.
- Evidence of effective leadership in supporting career and technical education, university transfer programs, and STEM in a multi-campus environment.
- Evidence of leadership in supporting economic development and establishing a positive institutional presence in the community.
- Evidence of student learning focused leadership.
- Evidence of college advocacy through successful fund raising efforts and visibility within the community.
- Appreciation for and understanding of the use and implementation of technology in learning environments.
- Commitment to diversity and a demonstrated ability to lead an institution that values and respects differences.
- Evidence of leadership and education experiences that enhance student learning and success through a variety of learning systems.
- Has successfully demonstrated the ability to motivate and engage students, faculty, staff and the community in college programs, initiatives and activities.
- Evidence of effective leadership that encourages engagement and development of faculty and staff.
- Evidence of leadership, and engagement of others, in higher education at the state, region and national levels.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications.
- A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
The review of applications will begin March 4, 2013. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to KCTCS President’s Office, Attention: Lewis Prewitt, System Director of Systemwide Initiatives, Job #9535, 300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals