DEAN OF GENERAL EDUCATION
Qualifications & Experience:
(M1) Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (M2) Experience teaching at the Post-Secondary level; (M3) Demonstrated record of increasing academic leadership; (M4) Experience with curriculum development, academic planning and budgeting; (M5) Demonstrated use of assessment and student analytics to promote teaching and learning excellence; (M6) Computer literacy; (M7) Effective communication skills; (M8) Demonstrated ability to resolve student concerns effectively; (M9) Commitment to the community college mission.
(D1) Experience with regional accreditation process; (D2) Demonstrated ability to promote student retention and success; (D3) Experience with use of instructional technology, including web-based instruction; (D4) Experience with selecting, mentoring, evaluating, and developing faculty.
Ozarks Technical Community Colleges primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
Application Information & Deadline:
This position is open until filled; however applications will be reviewed after April 10, 2013
Please submit the following documents:
• OTC Application for Employment
• Cover letter detailing how you meet the mandatory & desirable qualifications
• Official College Transcripts
Email application to: email@example.com or fax to 417-447-2633
For additional information on the position, contact:
Dr. Steven Bishop
Provost and Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Ozarks Technical Community College
1001 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802
DEAN OF GENERAL EDUCATION
Salary Classification: Exempt
Responsibilities: The Dean of General Education is responsible for overseeing operation of the assigned programs/departments.
Authority: Reports to and acts under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs. Provides general supervision and coordination of faculty within the division.
1. Coordinates the selection, mentoring and professional development of full-time faculty.
2. Recommends employment of adjunct faculty.
3. Conducts division meetings and meets regularly with department chairs.
4. Meets regularly with all full-time faculty and adjunct faculty.
5. Represents the division(s) on the Instructional Council and serves as a conduit for information to and from the department chairs, faculty and staff.
6. Recommends curriculum changes to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
7. Approves class schedules and instructors with input from assistant deans and department chairs.
8. Monitors quality control of student learning though degree audits, grade appeals and grade change forms.
9. Leads implementation of division plan for assessment and improvement of student learning.
10. Evaluates assistant deans and department chairs according to college procedure.
11. Recommends and justifies program/department budget requests.
12. Reviews and processes equipment, supplies, and line item purchasing within program/department budgets and college procedures.
13. Oversees the physical facilities and equipment for the division(s) operations.
14. Coordinates the offering of appropriate online instruction by the academic departments in cooperation with the director of online teaching and learning.
15. Serves as an ex-officio member of advisory committees for programs within the division(s).
16. Serves on college-wide committees and special project teams.
17. Assists in the promotion of programs/departments and acts as liaison within the community.
18. Serves as advocate for division issues.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.