DEAN OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Qualifications & Experience:
(M1) Earned masters degree in a career and technical education (CTE) field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (M2) Experience teaching in a CTE program; (M3) Demonstrated record of increasing academic leadership; (M4) Experience with curriculum development, faculty supervision, academic planning, and budgeting; (M5) Demonstrated use of assessment and student analytics to promote teaching and learning excellence; (M6) Computer literacy; (M7) Effective communication skills; (M8) Demonstrated ability to resolve student concerns effectively; (M9) Possess or be eligible for CTE Directors Certification through the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education; (M10) Experience with programmatic and/or regional accreditation processes.
(D1) Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; (D2) Demonstrated ability to promote student retention and success; (D3) Experience with use of instructional technology, including web-based instruction; (D4) Experience with selecting, mentoring, evaluating, and developing faculty; (D5) Knowledgeable of national and state policies related to funding of Career Technical Education.
Ozarks Technical Community Colleges primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.
Application Information & Deadline:
This position is open until filled; however applications will be reviewed after April 2, 2013
Please submit the following documents:
• OTC Application for Employment
• Cover letter detailing how you meet the mandatory & desirable qualifications
• Official College Transcripts
Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 417-447-2633
For additional information on the position, contact:
Dr. Steven Bishop
Provost and Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Ozarks Technical Community College
1001 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802
DEAN OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Salary Classification: Exempt
Responsibilities: The Dean of Technical Education is responsible for overseeing operation of the assigned programs/departments.
Authority: Reports to and acts under the direct supervision of the Associate Vice-President for Academic Affairs and Workforce Development. Provides general supervision and coordination of faculty within the division.
1. Participates in selecting of full-time faculty.
2. Recommends employment of adjunct faculty.
3. Evaluates full-time faculty according to college procedure.
4. Monitors and processes equipment, supplies, and line item purchasing within program/department budgets and college procedures.
5. Recommends new program courses and curriculum changes to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs.
6. Supervises the division chairs who prepare schedules of classes.
7. Supervises the assignment of instructors to teach classes.
8. Develops program/department budget request with the assistance of five division chairs.
9. Assists in the promotion of programs/departments and acts as liaison within the community.
10. Serves as advocate for division issues.
11. Represents the Technical Education Division on the Instructional Council and serves as a conduit for information to and from the division chairs, faculty and staff.
12. Serves as an ex-officio member of advisory committees for programs within the Technical Education Division.
13. Meets regularly with division chairs and conducts Technical Education Division meetings.
14. Serves on college-wide committees and special project teams.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.