President, San Bernardino Valley College
The President is the Chief Administrative Officer of the college and is in direct reporting relationship to the District Chancellor. The President is responsible for administering and supervising the total college program. Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and administers all departments, programs, activities, budgets and personnel of an assigned college within San Bernardino Community College District; participates in the development, review and implementation of District policies and procedures as they affect college activities; represents the college to the community and directs the development of quality educational programs; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Chancellor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Assumes full management responsibility for an assigned college within San Bernardino Community College District including the budgets, personnel and activities of all college programs, divisions, departments and services.
- Managers the development and implementation of goals, objectives, and priorities for assigned college and associated service area; recommends and administer policies and procedures.
- Establishes, within District policy, appropriate service and staffing levels for assigned college; monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; allocates resources accordingly.
- Assesses and monitors work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement; directs and implements changes.
- Manages and participates in the development and administration of the assigned college budget; approves the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; approves expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Participates in the formulation of District policy for Board consideration; develops administrative regulations and procedures, goals and objectives for the college consistent with District policy.
- Directs professional staff in long-range education planning; develops and implements procedures for development, evaluation and revision of educational programs and related student services.
- Directs a continuous program of research to improve colleges' programs and meet the education needs of the community.
- Participates in and makes recommendations on the hiring and dismissal of college faculty and staff; assists in developing performance standards and is responsible for the evaluation of all academic and classified employees of the college.
- Provides and encourages in-service training for college administrators, faculty and staff to promote professional growth, improve efficiency and quality of operations and to prepare employees for advancement.
Education/Training and Experience:
- A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of increasingly responsible management and administrative experience.
- A sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Closing Date: 03-25-2013
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to receive consideration, candidates must submit the following documents:
- A completed online Administrative Application. (Do not state "see resume" on the application form). Determination of applicants meeting minimum requirements will be based upon information provided in the SBCCD online application. Resumes will be reviewed only after information satisfying minimum requirements have been listed in the SBCCD application. Paper applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- A cover letter, five (5) pages or less, stating how your experience and qualifications have prepared you to address the challenges and opportunities of this position.
- A current resume summarizing your educational background, experience, achievements, and professional activities.
- A list of names, contact numbers, and email addresses of nine (9) references: two (2) supervisors, two (2) direct reports, two (2) faculty members, one (1) student, and two (2) business or community leaders. (Applicants from sectors other than education should submit comparable references).
- Unofficial transcripts of all college coursework confirming earned graduate degree(s). Transcripts must indicate the type of degree earned, and the date the degree was conferred. Copies of diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Transcripts must be from a US accredited institution. Transcripts from outside the US must include an official evaluation for equivalency.
Applications that do not include all of these documents will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Only applications submitted by the closing date on March 25, 2013 will be considered.
The finalists will be interviewed by the Chancellor and the Executive Cabinet. Finalist will also participate in a public forum held on the SBVC campus prior to the interview. Candidates invited for final interviews, participate in public forum, and who travel more than 200 miles, will be provided reimbursement in accordance with District policy.
The new President will be announced on June 13, 2013 and will assume duties on or about July 1, 2013.
For more information, please contact Amalia Perez at (909) 382-4047. All inquiries will remain confidential.
San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range of $141,192 to $171,624 per year for 12 months of service (or 245 service days) plus family medical, dental, and vision coverage and employee life insurance coverage (employee contribution variable depending on plan selected). STRS Retirement (employee contributes 8%).
Working Hours: Flexible hours to meet the job demands of an administrative level position, typically and minimally met by working Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
To apply, visit: http://www.sbccdjobs.com