The Board of Trustees of Jamestown Community College invites nominations and applications for the position of PRESIDENT.
JCC is seeking a strong, visionary, and inspirational leader who is passionate about the mission, vision, and values of this community college, and able to guide the institution to additional growth and development while maintaining fiscal stability in a changing economy. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker of unquestioned integrity.
JCC is a regional community college sponsored by Cattaraugus and Chautauqua counties and the City of Jamestown, NY, with campuses in Olean and Jamestown, NY and extension centers in Dunkirk, NY and Warren, PA. JCC is one of the first regional community colleges in New York, and the first community college to become part of the State University of New York.
In 2012, JCC was named “Top-Performing Public Two-Year College in New York” in a report published by The Chronicle of Higher Education. JCC has a strong fund balance, a current operating budget of $35 million, and a foundation with assets of $16 million.
With present enrollment at approximately 3,500 full and part-time credit students, JCC offers A.A., A.S., and A.A.S. degrees in 35 areas as well as 20 certificate programs. JCC strengthens its promise to connect students to their goals by maintaining over 300 transfer articulation agreements with more than 40 upper-division colleges and universities.Our students are served by 88 full-time faculty, 318 community members serving as adjunct instructors, and a permanent support staff of 210. In addition, the college has a major community outreach program which focuses on economic development and personal enrichment. During the past year, approximately 10,000 individuals registered for contract and non-credit courses, seminars, and workshops.
The college is geographically located within three hours of Buffalo, Cleveland, Erie, Pittsburgh, Rochester, and Toronto, Canada. Campuses are located in the picturesque region of Chautauqua Lake and near Chautauqua Institution, Allegany, Lake Erie, and Long Point state parks, and Holiday Valley and Peek‘n Peak resorts.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution, or a master’s degree or other terminal degree plus significant administrative experience that will justify waiver of the doctorate.
- Five (5) years of senior-level, full-time administrative experience including significant responsibility for programs, budgets, personnel, facilities, fundraising, and other appropriate administrative duties.
Application Procedures– For additional qualifications and information, and to apply, please visit our website at: www.sunyjcc.edu/presidential-search
Application materials will only be accepted through the JCC online application process, and all applications and inquiries will be held in strict confidence. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to applications received by March 1, 2013.
To apply, please submit three separate documents:
- A letter of application, five pages or fewer, that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges as identified on our website and how your experience and professional qualifications prepare you to serve the needs of the college.
- A current resume including an e-mail address and cell phone number.
- A reference list with the names, home and business telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of eight references: two supervisors (including one board member), two direct reports, two faculty members, and two business or community leaders.
For additional information or inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Susan Bronstein, Executive Director of Human Resources
Jamestown Community College
800.388.8557, ext. 1035
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fynh6ng