Application may be obtained from:
HUMAN RESOURCES, ATTN: SHAIRON ZINGSHEIM
43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539
Office: (510) 659-6201 Fax:(510) 659-6025
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web:http://www.ohlone.edu
VICE PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Full-Time, 12-Month, Academic Management Position
* A standard medical and fringe benefit package is available and premiums are deducted from salary
Application Deadline: April 12, 2013
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced leader with a clear, focused commitment to teaching, learning and academic excellence to promote student success. This candidate is a creative, visionary leader who will inspire staff, students and the community. The candidate is an innovative thinker who seeks innovative solutions to problem solving and is a critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. The candidate is highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, loyal and is respectful of diverse views and opinions. The candidate is flexible and inter-culturally competent and is a person whose leadership style is collegial, approachable, and accessible on campus and in the community. The candidate is able to delegate responsibility and authority while maintaining accountability. This seasoned professional fosters cohesion and a sense of working together for the good of the College and is committed to the effective use of technology within academic and administrative environments.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs has primary leadership responsibilities for planning, implementing, and coordinating the educational programs of the College. In assuming these responsibilities, the Vice President must work closely with Academic Deans, other administrators, and members of the faculty. While the managerial functions related to curriculum and instruction rest with the Deans, the Vice President serves as a leader in long-term planning of educational programs, assuring quality of instruction, selection and development of a distinguished faculty, and furthering the strategic plan, the educational master plan, and the goals and objectives of Ohlone College.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will serve as advisor to the President/Superintendent in matters related to curriculum and instruction, faculty selection, assignment, development, and retention.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will be the primary link between the academic staff and the Vice President, Administrative Services in all budgetary matters related to instructional programs. The Vice President will work with the Vice President Student Services in all matters related to the coordination of the instructional program and student services.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will be accountable for achievement of College goals and objectives within the scope of Academic Affairs as set forth in the College’s Strategic Plan, and for assessing and meeting the educational and vocational needs of citizens of the District.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will be responsible for relationships with the wider educational and occupational community, particularly the public schools of the District, the higher education institutions to which Ohlone students transfer, and to the employers within the District. Working with the Academic Deans in planning, conducting, and evaluating the instructional program, the essential qualification of the Vice President is leadership.
The Vice President, Academic Affairs
- provides strong, dynamic academic and administrative leadership, fosters a collegial environment which encourages scholarship, teaching, and learning excellence;
- possesses the vision to guide the college’s academic programs into the future;
- understands and appreciates the mission of California Community Colleges and is able to relate it to all constituencies; aids in making decisions consistent with the mission and goals;
- advocates and promotes quality instruction, student success, integrated planning, and the expansion of Student Learning Outcomes to meet the educational needs of students in a diverse community college environment;
- works with the instructional staff in development of the educational program, including the maintenance of standards and the evaluation of teachers;
- plans, in coordination with other administrators and faculty, the schedule of classes;
- provides leadership and oversight for enrollment management strategies, initiatives and efficiencies;
- provides oversight of assessment of Student Learning Outcomes and college-wide accreditation;
The Vice President, Academic Affairs will possess
- a Master’s degree from an accredited institution;
- five years of senior administrative level leadership and experience in higher education;
- demonstrated skill in respectful, sensitive communication with people who are diverse in their cultures, languages and abilities;
- demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of members of the College community, including those with disabilities.
Application packets must be submitted to the Human Resources Office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2013. The Screening Committee will review applications. From that pool, the committee will select a limited number of candidates to invite for interview.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.ohlonejobs.com