Relevant Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership experience in campus operations role with managerial responsibility in a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge and experience in addressing and mitigating student-related issues.
- Experience in applying instructional technologies.
- Knowledge of policy formulation and analysis methods to establish practical policies.
- Skills to maintain a fair and decisive leadership style with the ability to make independent judgments.
- Advanced degree with preference given to an earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining partnerships.
- Proven track record of successful, performance-driven leadership.
- Direct experience in educational delivery systems and outcomes-based instruction.
- Success in leading various levels of faculty and staff, information systems, and data in the decision-making process.
- Experience evaluating instructional effectiveness against measurable performance indicators.
- Experience improving teaching and learning with a focus on achieving measurable student success indicators. - Demonstrated commitment and experience with diverse populations.
- Proven experience with credit and non-credit programming.
- Budget preparation and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to generate, identify, and implement opportunities to improve current programs and/or operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and non-technical academic programming.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with the ability to establish personal and professional credibility with internal and external constituencies.
- Proven ability to facilitate continuous quality improvement of instructional programs and organization.
- Broad knowledge of higher education policies, principles, and organization.
- Results oriented and visionary qualities of a forward-thinking leader in an evolving environment.
The Campus Provost is the chief administrative executive of the campus providing academic, administrative, and fiscal leadership. The Campus Provost is responsible for the daily operations of the campus. The Campus Provost leads the campus leadership team, broader management team, and the budget hearing committee and participates on the San Jacinto College Strategic Leadership Team. The Campus Provost is the senior learning leader for the campus and is responsible for implementing the College's academic plan and promoting academic excellence through collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork throughout San Jacinto College. The Campus Provost promotes the College externally, fosters a campus climate that is consistent with the College's core values and the "one-college" vision, and is committed to the achievement of the College's strategic plan and annual priorities.
The Campus Provost essential job functions are: 1. VISION & STRATEGIC PLANNING 2. TEACHING, LEARNING, & ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE 3. PEOPLE 4. RELATIONSHIPS & PARTNERSHIPS 5. GOVERNANCE 6. FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY, & PLANNING
Please copy and paste the link below to review the detailed job description related to the six essential job functions identified above: http://admin.sanjac.edu/sites/default/files/210/Provost%20Job%20Description.pdf