Change Student Lives.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who’s an innovative thinker, skilled team builder and dedicated to achieving measurable results. The Executive Director is an accomplished and articulate person of substance with a track record of success as a development professional and senior strategist.
Executive Director, College Foundation
Reporting to the President, the Executive Director of the CLC Foundation is responsible for researching, designing, cultivating, coordinating and executing all advancement programs including leadership and major gift fundraising, corporate/foundation gifts and sponsorship, planned giving, alumni relations, prospect research, prospect and donor communications, advancement events, and advancement technology information systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience in either a higher education fundraising role or a not-for-profit organization, with management experience.
- Successful history as a major gift and principal gift fundraising participant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong proposal writing experience.
- Strong critical and creative thinking abilities.
- Participation in strategic planning processes.
- Collaborative approach to leadership and understanding of the integrated nature of development with alumni relations and all internal stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of quantitative/data-driven analysis with an emphasis on metrics, accountability, and stewardship.
- Experience working with a Board and volunteers.
Ideal Profile of the Successful Candidate:
- Demonstrated track record of comprehensive planning efforts, with an emphasis on metrics, accountability and stewardship.
- High energy individual with outstanding skills in management, communication and team building.
- Able to articulate a bold, well-developed vision while working to advance agreed upon institutional priorities.
- Capable of inspiring confidence, prompting others to embrace fully the philanthropic objectives of the College.
The College of Lake County is known for academic excellence, strong student support services and cultural and community leadership. Located in far north suburban Chicago, and within commuting distance of Milwaukee, the college has the third largest population in the Illinois community college system. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, the college has a diverse student body nearing 19,000 and is an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
Salary is competitive. For a detailed job description and to apply: Applications are accepted only online at jobs.clcillinois.edu through 04-17-2013.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V