EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT VACANCY
POSITION: VICE CHANCELLOR, EDUCATIONAL PLANNING AND SERVICES
FINAL FILING DATE: This position is open until filled; however, the first review of applications will begin on Monday, April 29, 2013.
SALARY: $136,916 - $151, 119/YR. (Range 50, Management Salary Schedule)
COMMENCING: July 1, 2013
BASIC FUNCTION: The Vice Chancellor for Educational Planning and Services reports directly to the Chancellor and serves as the Chief of Staff to the Chancellor. Working with the College Presidents and other District administrators, the Vice Chancellor provides overall management oversight and leadership for the educational planning and services functions of the District.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational Administrators as governed by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office:
• Possession of a Master’s degree; AND
• One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent, valued at over $17,000 annually with currently no out of pocket expenses to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 12 sick days, 22 vacation days, 223 day/12 month contract.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR TTY (530) 634-7760 OR visit the Human Resources web site at: http://www.yccd.edu/hr. A complete application is submitted in duplicate – an original and one copy and includes: YCCD Management Application, Resume, Transcripts, Role Statement and a Cover letter/letter of interest.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Faxed, emailed or incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
TIMELINE: Interviews are tentatively scheduled for May 2013. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board; the proposed date confirmation is June 2013.
IF YOU REQUIRE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975 OR TTY (530) 634-7760.
1. In the interview,considerationwillbegivenbytheSelectionCommitteetofactorsotherthaneducationand experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
2. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee's recommendation for employment.
3. The College reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
4. The College reserves the right to readvertise the position or to delay in definitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
5. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services and Human Resources Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. The tear-off tab of the Application Form is provided for this purpose. Completing and returning this form is done on a voluntary basis by the candidate. If returned, the form will be detached from the Application Form and placed in our Applicant Flow File. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
6. IMPORTANT: Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.