South Central College is accepting applications for the position of Chief Human Resources Officer. SCC is focused on creating opportunities for our students to reach their academic goals, succeed in their chosen professions, and to make a difference in the world. We strive to hire employees who are committed to diversity, inclusiveness, trust and integrity-with an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of our students.
Reporting directly to the college president, the Chief Human Resources Officer provides vision, leadership, and strategic direction for the human resources activities of the college, overseeing the recruitment, training, development, and engagement of talent for all divisions of the college. Responsibilities include the administration of personnel and labor relations policy for approximately 300 classified and unclassified administrators, managers, faculty, professional, clerical, and maintenance employees; adherence to collective bargaining agreements; recruitment, selection, and onboarding for all positions; employee engagement and performance management; leadership and staff training and development; classification, compensation, and benefits administration; HRIS systems administration; and supervision of the Human Resources office. Principles of diversity, affirmation action, and equal employment opportunity will be applied to all college human resources practices. This position involves significant discretion and substantial involvement in the development, interpretation, and implementation of college policy. This position provides confidential advice to the president and administrative team.
· Bachelor’s in Human Resource Management, Personnel Administration, or related field
· Five years progressively responsible professional administrative experience in HR Management/Labor Relations
· Experience working with multiple HR functions: sourcing and recruitment, AA/EEO, retention, compensation, benefits, classification, diversity, employee relations, labor relations, HRIS, payroll records management, talent management
· Experience working with personnel laws, rules, policies and procedures sufficient to align them with overall goals of the organization
· Demonstrates on-going professional HR development
· Knowledge of project management methods and tools; budget management; organizational development methods and tools; change management methods and tools; strategic planning methods and tools
· Demonstrated skills to effectively manage conflict; analysis of HR data to support management decision making
· Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
· Certifications in specialty areas such as SPHR
· Public sector personnel management experience
· Labor relations and contract administration experience
· MnSCU or higher education experience
· Demonstrated proficiency in leadership competencies (e.g. (MnSCU Competencies): understands self and others, acts with integrity, values diversity, communicates effectively, builds trust, builds customer service orientation, builds organizational talent, demonstrates good stewardship, articulates vision and mission, builds organizational capacity to meet future challenges, demonstrates effective decision making
Apply online at http://www.southcentral.edu/human-resources/jobs-board.html and click on Academic and Administrative Positions. South Central College requires that you attach an electronic cover letter, resume, copy of your transcript(s), and a list of three or more references to your online job application. Official transcripts must be provided to Human Resources upon hire. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
Closing Date: May 24, 2013
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.