Chief Information Officer
The chief information officer leads the consolidated and integrated district-wide Information Technology division ensuring it fosters an innovative teaching and learning environment in support of college and district strategic initiatives, safeguards the security of CCS IT systems and guides cyber-security planning, interfaces effectively with the State Board for Community and Technical College IT organization and statewide technology systems (i.e., ERP, online learning, etc.), maintains continuity of operations, provides for timely disaster recovery, facilitates staff development, effectively manages assigned budgets and recommends pertinent procedures. This position reports to the Chancellor and provides expert guidance and strategic perspectives to CCS Executive Cabinet regarding issues such as innovative technology uses, trends, best practices, and service, resource and change management. The CIO ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws, board policy and negotiated agreements.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads development, implementation, updating and continual evaluation of the CCS IT strategic plan to: inform and support college and district priority areas and initiatives; anticipate and serve the changing needs of students, faculty and staff; facilitate communication with IT users; foresee and plan for capital project requirements; stay current with rapid advancements in technology; promote excellence, best practices and common standards in customer support services, technology services, and information systems and development services.
- Partners with college and district leadership to provide technology vision and direction for the district as well as in-depth technical expertise in support of districtwide business decisions.
- Provides expert guidance and management of the CCS IT interface with the State Board’s ctcLink statewide enterprise resource management system.
- Ensures security processes and tools are in place and constantly monitored and updated to safeguard the integrity of CCS IT network, data and systems.
- Ensures continuity of operations and disaster recovery plans are in place and regularly practiced, tested, evaluated and updated.
- Oversees development of district technology standards, processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise. Identifies and implements best practices for optimizing infrastructure and operation costs, improving system performance and ensuring service-level requirements are met.
- Supervises and mentors the CCS IT directors. Encourages and facilitates professional development for all IT staff members.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned staff adhere to acceptable behavior and performance standards.
- Directs the preparation, review and consolidation of IT business plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Takes responsibility for all IT administrative procedures implementing Board policy.
- Stays current with developments in new technologies and platforms.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with regional and statewide higher education partners.
- Model professional decorum and mutual respect in all personal interactions.
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned.
Please see the complete list of duties, required/preferred qualifications, term/conditions of employment and application procedures at http://www.ccs.spokane.edu/ Job Opportunities or http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ccspokane/default.cfm