Vice President for Student Learning and Success
Full Time, Exempt
Cascadia Community College
The Vice President for Student Learning and Success provides leadership, direction and supervision for all academic areas and student success programs and is responsible for leading the planning, development, implementation and performance of all instructional programming and student services for the college; consistent with the mission and goals of the college. The Vice President will, in collaboration with the Executive Team, lead the assessment of college-wide student learning and student success as well as institutional effectiveness and accreditation. Responsibilities include managing professional work; recommending, developing and managing multiple areas and budgets; and working with multiple departments to achieve strategic objectives. The incumbent will supervise several deans and support staff and will be involved in the College's overall strategy formation as well as external relations. This position reports directly to the President and serves on the Executive Team.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- A Doctorate degree
- Experience in Higher Education Administration with supervisory and budget responsibilities
- Experience with accreditation processes, including a strong working knowledge of outcomes assessment
- Teaching experience in an educational system
- Familiarity with comprehensive student services programs
- Experience in support, supervision, and evaluation of diverse academic disciplines
- Experience in a unionized environment and with successful Collective Bargaining
- Higher education teaching experience and outcome-based assessments as faculty
- A strong record of advocacy for the needs of a diverse workforce and student body
- Demonstrated understanding and support of the mission of community colleges
- An appreciation and understanding of collaborative learning with an ability to advocate/foster a learning environment that promotes such values internally and to external stakeholders
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership ability
- Demonstrated commitment to pluralism and the ability to support a diverse workplace and educational environment
To be given priority consideration, complete applications must be received by the priority date and time of Friday, June 28th, 2013 by Noon.
For application instructions and to view the complete vacancy announcement/job description, please visit http://www.cascadia.edu.
Cascadia Community College is an EEO/AA Employer