Mott Community College is celebrating a tremendous milestone – our 90th anniversary! We continue to offer the most affordable higher education in Mid-Michigan. As the Flint Journal stated in a recent editorial, "Mott Community College is the backbone of higher education for Genesee County and beyond." Part of our mission is to promote individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community. MCC’s recent accomplishments include being named one of the top ten community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute, and our President was named the top community college president in North America by the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT).
If you have a passion for higher education and serving your community, we invite you to check out our vacancy!
The Dean is a front-line learning leader of the college, a member of the Academic Affairs executive staff, and a member of the college management team. The Academic Dean is responsible for promoting academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Mott Community College’s Strategic Plan and for exercising holistic judgment when executing the duties of this position. The Academic Dean supervises division staff and division faculty. In this particular position, this involves faculty and staff representing the Business division including departments of Accounting, General Business, Marketing, Management, Office Information Systems, Cosmetology, Nail Technology, Esthetician, and Culinary Arts.
For more information and application instructions, go to www.mott.jobs. MCC accepts online applications only via our website.
Mott Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Masters degree or higher in higher education administration, curriculum and instruction, a field within the area to be supervised, or related degree.
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated increasing responsibility in academic leadership experiences.
- An understanding of and visionfor the Business division.
- Budget experience that encompasses the management of resources and the reconciliation of competing needs in excess of available resources.
- High energy level, sense of humor, diplomatic/tactful, and passionate about the dimensions of this position.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns of stakeholders.
- History of being open-minded, supportive, trustworthy, and fair.
- Demonstrated project planning and management, time management, and priority setting skills. Ability to work successfully in a high stress environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Demonstrated history of on-time delivery of projects; project coordination; and anticipation of issues.
- A commitment to and understanding of the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Good interpersonal skills, including listening, with demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people. Must have the ability to work as a team member, foster a cooperative work environment and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to appropriately use and demonstrate proficiency with standard office productivity software and tools.
More about the area:
Located in southeast Michigan, the serene main campus is on the former grounds of the Charles Stewart Mott Estate and within the beautiful and thriving College/Cultural district. In addition to Cultural District offerings, the central location in a major transportation network make Ann Arbor, Detroit, Chicago and Toronto easily accessible. Those who enjoy boating and the outdoors have the great lakes, inlands lakes, rivers and streams and state and national forests either at their doorstep or within a short drive. A wide variety of affordable housing is available in both new and established neighborhoods and communities.