River Parishes Community College
The Louisiana Community and Technical College System invites nominations and applications for the position of Chancellor of River Parishes Community College. RPCC, named the fastest-growing public two-year college of its size in the nation, is located in the Ascension Parish town of Sorrento in what is known as the River Parishes region of the state because of the proximity of the parishes to the Mississippi River.
The College is conveniently located approximately halfway between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. RPCC's recently-expanded service area includes Ascension, Assumption, St. James, St. John, St. Charles, Tangipahoa, and Washington Parishes. The designation also includes portions of Iberville and Livingston Parishes. RPCC lies in that unique corridor where the majority of the state’s manufacturing facilities - anything from petro-chemicals to raincoats - are located. This past March, groundbreaking was held for Phase 1 of construction at RPCC’s new campus. Phase 1 will include an 81,000-square-foot building that will house academic programs and administrative offices. Phase 2 of construction will include the Advanced Technology Center, a building that will house RPCC’s technical programs.
- Those holding an earned doctorate with a background in higher education administration are preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience at the Vice President or President/Chancellor level in an institution of higher education, preferably at a comprehensive community college
Desirable Qualifications Include:
- An inspirational leader throughout RPCC and all communities served by the College with a passion for the role and mission of the community and technical colleges in changing lives and building communities.
- A collaborative leader who will develop and implement strategic initiatives that address student, employer, and community needs
- An open communication style with superior speaking, writing and listening skills
- A demonstrated commitment to ensuring appropriate linkages between career and technical education and the transfer mission of the institution
- A successful track record of fund-raising and demonstrated experience with foundations, grants, strong fiscal management and the fostering of college advocates
For additional information about River Parishes Community College, please visit www.rpcc.edu. For a full position description and application procedures, you may also visit www.lctcs.edu or www.acctsearches.org
Salary and benefits are competitive. The review of applications will continue until the position is filled. The target date for applications is: Wednesday, August 7, 2013
To apply go to: http://www.acctsearches.org
Confidential inquiries regarding the application process or nominations should be directed to Narcisa Polonio, Ed.D., ACCT Executive Vice President for Research, Education and Board Leadership Services, (202) 276-1983 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org. or Julie Golder, J.D., Board Services Coordinator, 202-775-4466 (office), 202-384-5816 (mobile) or email@example.com.