Director of Financial Aid Services & Scholarship
(Office of the Vice Chancellor of Student Development)
San Francisco Community College District
Posting Number: 0130029
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 08-15-2013
Job Type: Administrative - Director
Note: Amendment made to include salary range.
(For job announcement details refer to http://jobs.ccsf.edu).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with the Dean, department chairs and classified staff in providing leadership, coordination, goal setting, planning and administration of EOPS, CalWORKs, Scholarship, Veterans Services, SingleStop, and HARTS programs.
2. Provide leadership for the development of information systems and software applications for the delivery of EOPS, CalWORKs, Scholarship, Veteran, SingleStop, and HARTS services.
3. Work with support staff to maintain accurate financial records; track funding allocations and expenditures to ensure compliance with funding source(s) requirements/regulations. Prepare and submit pertinent report(s) in a timely fashion.
4. Collaborate with Dean to coordinate and implement appropriate financial aid policies and procedures for the District.
5. Establish performance standards and goals for the District-wide Financial Aid Program.
6. Responsible for administration of all Federal and state financial aid grants, Board of Governors Grant and fee waivers, college work study, student loan management, and Financial Aid outreach.
7. Provide guidance and training to District and College financial aid personnel including areas such as current and updated regulations, appropriate and current use of technology resources, and skills for a strong multicultural customer service environment.
8. Coordinate and work with the Human Services Agency in the delivery of services by the CalWORKs program.
9. Convene and coordinate annual program reviews to evaluate services of EOPS, CalWORKs, Scholarship, Veterans Services, SingleStop, and HARTS.
10. Coordinate orientations with other college functions and personnel to familiarize veterans and disadvantaged students with the college, curriculum, and services available to them.
11. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel in the Veterans Resource Center, CalWORKS, HARTS, SingleStop, and the Director of EOPS. Interpret and work with staff to implement and train staff about pertinent federal, state and local legislation and regulations.
12. Participate in internal, federal, and state audits. Assist the Dean to respond to findings and initiate actions as required.
13. Work with the Office of Research, Planning, and Grants to continuously monitor and evaluate program effectiveness.
14. Work cooperatively with instructional services departments to develop and provide special courses and services that serve the needs of students in assigned programs.
15. Collaborate with public and/or community agencies, particularly Human Services Agency to provide college programs that lead to employment.
16. Research and obtain up-to-date information on successful CalWORKs, EOPS, HARTS, Scholarship, Veteran, SingleStop, and Financial Aid programs to put into practice at CCSF as necessary.
17. Plan and monitor the FAO academic policy process and provide necessary recommendations as required.
18. Assist in the preparation and monitoring of expenditures of college financial aid, work study, grant and loan program funds, and adjust budgets accordingly to maximize student and institutional needs.
19. Interpret and explain federal and state regulations and legislation; prepare a variety of federal and state accountability reports as assigned.
20. Assist the Dean in convening and coordinating advisory committees. Participate in College share governance committees as assigned.
21. Represent the Dean as well as the District at a variety of administrative and professional meetings, as required.
22. Attend Board meetings as necessary.
23. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
To apply, please visit our website at http://jobs.ccsf.edu