Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs (Re-issued)
(Office of the Chancellor)
San Francisco Community College District
Posting Number: 0130065
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 08-16-2013
Job Type: Administrative - Vice Chancellor
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for effective oversight of all the degree, certificate, program and curriculum offerings, including credit and noncredit, transfer, vocational, short-term occupational, community service, international education, and programs for students with special needs.
2. Provides ongoing support and collaborative leadership for the College's enrollment management efforts.
3. Supervises the coordination of curriculum development, review, and revision, and the formulation of recommendations for changes and improvements.
4. Assists academic college programs in addressing issues related to accreditation. Develops a system for the ongoing and systematic review and enhancement of programs related to maintaining a positive accreditation status.
5. Along with the Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance, plans and recommends a schedule to meet annual FTES goal, and monitors the enrollment management efforts.
6. Oversees the integration of credit and noncredit offerings and of distance, hybrid, and on-campus offerings.
7. Promotes international, immigrant, and Study Abroad educational programs, and other means to further a global perspective at the College and in the community.
8. In collaboration with the Vice Chancellor of Student Development, facilitates, develops, and maintains positive working relationships with area high schools, colleges, universities, and community-based organizations and agencies.
9. Oversees and coordinates the continued development, assessment, and analysis of all student learning outcomes research and activities in the Academic Affairs departments and programs under the Vice Chancellor's supervision. Ensures student learning outcomes are integrated with divisional planning and aligned with the program review process.
10. Participates in the College/District strategic planning process, coordinates related budget planning for academic programs, services, and facilities.
11. Coordinates activities with the Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance, Dean of Human Resources, and with the Equal Opportunity Compliance Office to ensure that the hiring of qualified faculty is within the principles of sound budgetary management, hiring guidelines, and equal employment opportunity. Interviews all finalists for academic positions as delegated by the Chancellor.
12. Supports professional growth and development for all employees and coordinates such efforts with the Vice Chancellor of Student Development and the Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance.
13. Directly supervises Associate Vice Chancellors of Instruction.
14. With the support and in collaboration with Associate Vice Chancellors of Instruction, supervises, trains and evaluates Academic Affairs administrators, faculty, and staff.
15. In coordination with the Employee Relations Office, ensures adherence to contractual obligations affecting faculty, including faculty evaluations, tenure review, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
16. Provides leadership for all Academic Affairs, including but not limited to: faculty support services, curriculum development and review, course/master scheduling, faculty evaluation, tenure review, and program review.
17. Recommends the conversion, construction, or acquisition of facilities as needed to better serve instructional programs.
18. Recommends capital equipment purchases and other support system needs.
Examples of Duties (Continued, if applicable) 19. Supervises the content preparation of various academic publications, such as the catalog and academic course schedule(s).
19. Supervises the content preparation of various academic publications, such as the catalog and academic course schedule(s).
20. Assumes responsibility for the completion of all necessary state and federal academic reports and ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations and California Education Code requirements for all instructional programs.
21. Participates collegially on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
22. Attends Board of Trustees' meetings; makes presentations and submits reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
23. Communicates Board of Trustees' decisions, policies, and actions and supervises the implementation of these with other administrative staff in Academic Affairs.
24. Represents the College in local, regional, state, and national groups, organizations, and consortia, to coordinate with colleagues at the local and state level, foundations, businesses, agencies, post-secondary institutions, and community-based organizations, promoting effective practices and services to the community.
25. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chancellor.
To apply, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/374278