SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Center Dean, John Adams & Civic Centers (RE-ISSUED)
(Office of the Chancellor)
Posting Number: 0130094
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 08-26-2013
Job Type: Administrative - Dean
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with School Deans, department chairs, faculty, and classified staff to provide and evaluate courses, program offerings and student services that meet the Center's student and community needs; utilize effective outreach to determine if the needs of the community are being met by the Center.
2. Work with School Deans and department chairs to monitor enrollment patterns, cost/benefit information, employment and other critical data to identify class schedule opportunities, issues, program development and needed changes,
3. Provide sustained leadership and work directly with Center faculty including department chairs and faculty coordinators to prioritize program review requests for resource allocation.
4. In consultation with School Deans and department chairs, provide support for evening, summer, and/or weekend courses including reviewing and monitoring the scheduling of evening, summer, and weekend classes for the Center and various satellite sites.
5. Work with Student Services, Counseling Deans and department chairs, as appropriate, to coordinate student services and provide day-to-day oversight of counselors' work schedules, pre-registration and other special counseling projects.
6. Plan and conduct regular meetings with Center personnel; promote a team effort; communicate relevant College deadlines, policies, procedures, applicable regulations of outside agencies, and other matters of interest or compliance to department chairs, faculty, classified staff, and students.
7. Maintain details of day-to-day operations, and building supervision, including coordinating and maintaining site utilization, space availability, facilities inventory, and room allocation; oversee the assignment of offices to faculty.
8. Oversee the allocation of the Center's equipment, technology, and supplies, including maintenance, repair, storage, inventory, disposal, etc.; execute all Center- related purchase orders and documents necessary for expenditures.
Planning & Development
9. Work directly with School Deans, department chairs, faculty coordinators, faculty and classified staff to develop and coordinate Center review priorities and activities.
10. Collaborate with School Deans and provide leadership to department chairs and faculty in their assessment of student learning outcomes as they relate to courses and programs.
11. Engage with department chairs, faculty and classified staff to assess new technologies and software to improve pedagogy and learning outcomes, increase opportunities for student access, and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the work environment.
12. Prepare annual Center goals, participate in planning activities, and facilitate completion of Center goals; work with School Deans and department chairs to ensure all accreditation, State and federal criteria concerning academics is followed.
13. Work with School Deans, department chairs, faculty coordinators, faculty and classified staff to plan and implement all activities required for program accreditation.
14. Coordinate efforts with the District's Marketing Department to implement a marketing and promotion plan for the Center.
15. In compliance with District guidelines and in consultation with the School Deans develop and monitor feasible revenue and expenditure budgets for the Center; manage budget performance to meet District budget goals, ensuring that the Center remains fiscally sound and is operated within its allocated budget.
16. Facilitate grant applications for Center programs and/or areas of responsibility.
Liaison/ Relationships with Community
Serve as the institutional leader and community liaison for the Center and College by:
17. Participating in community activities and professional organizations that foster student diversity and are aligned with the District and the John Adams & Civic Centers' mission and goals.
18. Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with area high schools, colleges, universities, and business and community-based organizations that promote and benefit the John Adams & Civic Centers' education programs.
19. Maintaining community advisory committees for the Center and attending occupational advisory committee meetings if necessary.
20. Support department chairs, faculty coordinators, faculty, and classified staff by working with administration to ensure resources and opportunities are allocated for their training and professional development that promotes teaching excellence and high standards in specified skills.
21. In accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures, supervise and evaluate assigned faculty, including department chairs, faculty coordinators and classified staff; review and approve documents/forms necessary to effectuate assignments and pay of personnel under their supervision, i.e. assignment forms, time sheets, leave of absence forms, etc.
22. In accord with District policies, contracts, and procedures, manage the professional conduct of assigned department chairs, faculty, and classified staff and collaborate with Employee Relations in resolving employee disciplinary matters; where resolution is not reached at the departmental level, serve as the administrative grievance officer in employee discipline processes.
23. Promote a work culture aligned with the College's mission to promote the delivery of customer service, innovation, and quality services to students, employees, and the community.
24. Serve on District and state-wide committees as assigned including participating collegially on CCSF Participatory Governance committees.
25. Attend Board of Trustees' meetings; make presentations and submit reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
26. Perform additional administrative duties and services as requested and assigned.
To apply, please visit our website at http://jobs.ccsf.edu