Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer
SUNY Adirondack is a comprehensive community college and member of the State University of New York serving approximately 3,500 full- and part-time credit students annually. Located in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, SUNY-ADK is one hour north of Albany, twenty minutes from historic Saratoga Springs, and just minutes from Lake George. SUNY-Adirondack invites applications for the following position:
POSITION : Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Services
Assumes responsibility for the provision of the necessary services, physical and personnel resources, and finances in support of the college’s educational program including:
- Advising the President on administrative matters, budget and other related issues.
- Providing liaison with the Warren and Washington County Board of Supervisors.
- Overseeing collective bargaining administration and negotiations.
- Directing long-range strategic, fiscal planning and budgeting.
- Overall financial and managerial responsibility for capital project development, approval, implementation, and control processes.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to the President and supervises the Directors of Facilities, Human Resources, and the Chief Financial Officer.
- In conjunction with the college’s CFO, the Vice President implements financial, accounting and budget systems that promote financial stability, in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and federal and state regulations and guidelines, in order to maximize the college’s resources.
- Establishes a budget development process that is built on effective and responsive communication and that results in an equitable spending plan, reflecting all aspects of the college mission.
- Develops a leadership team that promotes innovation, accountability and excellence consistent with both the strategic goals and that values collaborative efforts to achieve these goals.
- Provides cost-effective administrative support services responsive to the needs of students, staff and community.
- Establishes self-supporting auxiliary operations which support the mission of the college and provide economical service to students, staff and community.
- Serves as a member of the President’s Executive Staff and assists the President in his/her leadership role for the College.
- Establishes systems and procedures that preserve the safety and integrity of the college’s financial and payroll records, and which ensure the consistent delivery of high quality services.
- Ensures a physical environment that is clean, aesthetic, safe, well-maintained and conductive to the learning process.
- Ensures that all Administrative Services programs, resources and systems are user-friendly, supportive of the college’s mission of affordability, accessibility and quality for all students (credit and non-credit) and are constantly assessed and revised to achieve and maintain state of the art currency;
- Provides flexible, responsive and high-quality customer service to all whom we serve, be they students, community or staff, and continuously assesses processes and procedures to revise accordingly.
- Advanced the core principles of the college’s mission, vision and strategic priorities, providing leadership and opportunity in this area for all staff; setting a high standard of performance for both self and staff, nurturing and supporting their achievement while modeling behavior supportive of institutional values and goals;
- Implements effective communication throughout both the Administrative Services area and the college community.
- Serves as Treasurer for the Board of Trustees.
- Attends monthly meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Serves as the Treasurer of the Adirondack Housing Authority LLC.
- Serves on the Board of Directors for the Faculty Student Association of SUNY Adirondack.
Master’s degree required in relevant subject area to position.
5-10 years of business management experience in a SUNY or comparable system institution in
a progressively higher level is preferred.
Strong communication and planning skills.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references to: email@example.com
Review of applications will commence immediately; apply no later than 8/30/13. Position start date is anticipated to be 10/1/13.
SUNY-ADK values diversity and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.