Hopkinsville Community College
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks an entrepreneurial, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of the Hopkinsville Community College in Hopkinsville, KY. This position will be instrumental in strengthening existing partnerships with other higher education institutions and the community. The successful candidate must have recent senior-level administrative experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience; must be a person of high integrity and energy; must have an earned doctorate from an accredited institution; and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the successful candidate should have:
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community/technical college mission.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a larger system in a dynamic environment.
- Successful, progressively responsible leadership experience within a similar institution.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, presentation and listening skills necessary to build teams and manage change.
- Demonstrated leadership is setting goals and accountability expectations in meeting organizational goals.
- Experience in developing effective coalitions and partnerships through collaboration with an understanding of the community and KCTCS.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the culture of the region which includes a diverse economy and population grounded in the military and agricultural areas.
- Experience in strategic planning and managing a budget within a similar institution.
- Evidence of effective leadership in developing collaborative relationships with faculty and staff in the college.
- Evidence of leadership in supporting economic development and establishing a positive institutional presence to enhance upward mobility within in the community.
- Evidence of strong interest and success in student learning activities.
- Evidence of college advocacy through successful fund raising efforts, including visibility and engagement within the community.
- Appreciation for and understanding of the use and implementation of technology throughout learning environments.
- Commitment to diversity and a demonstrated ability to lead an institution that values and respects differences.
- Experience as an academic leader within the community.
- Evidence of leadership and education experiences that enhance student learning and success through a variety of learning systems.
- Has successfully demonstrated the ability to motivate, inspire and engage students, faculty, staff and the community in college programs, initiatives, and activities.
- Evidence of effective leadership that encourages engagement and development of faculty and staff.
- Evidence of leadership, and engagement of others, in higher education at the state, region, and national levels.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications.
- A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
The review of applications will begin September 30, 2013. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to KCTCS President’s Office, Attention: Lewis Prewitt, System Director of Systemwide Initiatives, Job #9551, 300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals