EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/SYSTEM PRESIDENT
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE BOARD
FOR TECHNICAL AND COMPREHENSIVE EDUCATION
The South Carolina State Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education (SBTCE), the governing board for the South Carolina Technical College System (SCTCS) invites application and nominations for the position of Executive Director/System President. The Executive Director of the SBTCE serves as System President of the sixteen college system.
The System President works in collaboration with the members of the State Board to provide visionary leadership and policy direction for the SCTCS that supports the economic and workforce development of the State through education, training and recruitment for business and industry and the citizens of South Carolina. The System President serves as the chief advocate for the System and is responsible for establishing internal and external partnerships with the business community, the legislature, technical/community college system presidents and area commissions, public and private four-year colleges and universities, economic and workforce development organizations and the K-12 system.
The SBTCE has two statewide programs: readySCTM and Apprenticeship CarolinaTM, which provide customized training and recruitment for new and expanding businesses and industries. Additionally, the SBTCE approves new degree programs offered by the public technical and community colleges and administers other programs that serve the citizens of South Carolina. The System President plays a critical role in the State’s business and industry recruitment, workforce training and economic development efforts.
- Master’s degree required; earned doctorate is preferred.
- Ten years of combined progressively responsible experiences as a Community/Technical College President or senior level administrator in a postsecondary education environment or successful leadership in a business, industry or manufacturing environment.
- Energetic, visionary leader knowledgeable of and passionately committed to the mission, vision and values of the South Carolina Technical College System with a commitment to continuously advocate at the local, state and national levels for sustained System success.
- An engaging leader with strong integrity and a commitment to collaborating and building key partnerships with internal and external constituencies and stakeholders, and who understands the political and social culture of South Carolina.
- An inclusive leader who is approachable, flexible, supportive, progressive and visible; an inspiring leader who fosters accountability and initiative throughout the System.
- A strategic, entrepreneurial thinker who understands the significant role technical education, training, workforce and economic development plays for business, industry and the citizens of South Carolina.
- Demonstrated operational skills in the areas of team building, empowerment, finance, budget development, staff management and administration.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Persons interested in this leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and resume to:
Kandy N. Peacock
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
SC Technical College System
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, South Carolina 29210-8424
Or via email at SystemPresident@sctechsystem.edu
For additional information, please go to www.sctechsystem.edu