Vice President of the College
Yuba Community College District
FINAL FILING DATE: This position is open until filled; however, the first review of applications will begin on Friday, March 7, 2014.
SALARY: $108,439 - $132,103/YR. (Range 40, Management Salary Schedule)
COMMENCING: July 1, 2014
Yuba Community College District is inviting applications for consideration to lead Yuba College in a transformational journey through current and new innovative approaches to providing a world-class learning and teaching environment. Yuba College is boldly reinventing itself, and it is seeking courageous and visionary leadership to guide the college through this process. Yuba College is seeking a talented and dynamic Vice President to serve on its College Executive Leadership team.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Vice President of the College will report directly to a College President. The Vice President serves as the Chief Operating Officer for the College, providing general oversight for the College’s academic and student affairs programs. The Vice President manages and evaluates the work of the Instructional and Student Services Deans and other managers.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the College
• Serves as the Chief Academic and Student Services Officer for the College, overseeing academic and student support services programs.
• Provides vision and leadership for a diverse, dynamic and innovative community of managers, faculty, staff and students.
• Provides overall educational leadership for the academic and student affairs programs, ensuring that these programs reflect the educational philosophy, mission and institutional goals of the College and the District.
• Interprets and analyzes pertinent educational laws, legislation, policies, regulations and procedures to determine the impact on the College and to formulate compliance and reporting strategies.
• Ascertains and meets College and community educational needs by communicating effectively with managers, faculty, staff and students and the communities the College serves.
• Actively participates in and supports College shared governance components and activities and other collaborative processes.
• Assists in the continued development and maintenance of the College’s and/or District’s educational planning, program review and accreditation processes and works to assure articulation between educational planning goals and objectives
and those of other College and District organizational units.
• Participates in the hiring, training, management and evaluation of College managers, faculty and classified staff.
• Promotes innovation and improved services to students and the community and cooperates with area staff, faculty and other managers to develop processes to ensure the attainment of positive student outcomes and to support student success.
• Manages and participates in the continued evaluation and improvement of college-wide educational programs and services.
• Promotes the assessment of student outcomes in order to determine the effectiveness of student learning and student development programs.
• Provides general oversight for the College’s educational programs and services operating budgets.
• Interprets and administers the provisions of collective bargaining agreements and contracts as appropriate.
• Employs appropriate techniques and strategies to resolve disputes and to enhance communication and cooperation among
the members of the College and District communities.
• Coordinates the handling of student complaints and the administering of student discipline.
• Provides general oversight in the preparation of the semester/term class schedule.
• Coordinates the development of convocation activities.
• Represents the College on District-wide committees and project teams, as well as to community groups, professional organizations, other colleges and K-12 schools.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational Administrators at California Community Colleges:
• Possession of a Master’s degree; AND
• One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations
• See to read a variety of materials
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Lifting light objects
• Doctoral degree preferred.
• Three to five years of executive administrative experience in increasingly complex positions and demonstrated experience in valuing diversity are strongly preferred, higher education preferred.
• Knowledge of the California Education Code and Title 5.
• Knowledge of working with HSI colleges (Hispanic-serving institutions).
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR TTY (530) 634-7760 OR visit the Human Resources web site at: http://www.yccd.edu/hr.
TIMELINE: Interviews are tentatively scheduled for March 2014. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board; the proposed date confirmation is May/June 2014.
Equal Employment Opportunity