DEAN, TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM
Position Number: ADM-1141
Salary: $92,800 - 106,700
Work Location: South Campus
Posting Date: 01-28-2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Objective: This position is a campus senior leadership position with college-wide responsibility in the planning, direction, and evaluation of all teacher education programs and courses in accordance with the mission and academic standards of the College. This position also reports to the Campus President to provide administrative oversight for innovative and strong programs in Teacher Education, including bachelor's programs, Educator Preparation Institute, and teacher education and professional development for teachers; including noncredit continuing education. The dean will also oversee the daily operational, management and budgetary needs of the Teacher Education Program while being accountable for ensuring academic integrity, compliance with the faculty contract, appropriate credentials for teaching faculty, and the achievement of the college's and campus' strategic initiatives.
First review of applications will begin on March 10 and will continue until the position is filled.
Anticipated hire date: May 2014.
Minimum Education: Master's degree in Education or related field required. Doctoral degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/Training: Requires 7-10 years of progressive administrative or managerial experience
Minimum of three (3) years of proven successful experience in K-12 teaching and instructional program development, implementation and coordination. An additional three (3) years experience in higher education teaching or administration required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Understands the role of the bachelor's program within the community college mission; is knowledgeable of the laws, policies, and accreditation standards governing such programs;has strong program and budget management skills; understands marketing, recruiting and enrolment management functions.
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College's diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse faculty and staff
- Recruits, trains and retains superior quality administrators and staff
- Provides leadership, supervision, professional development opportunities, and evaluation of the associate deans, directors, managers, and staff
- Oversees multiple academic or business affairs or student affairs departments, units or centers
- Develops and administers several large departmental budget(s) and State/Federal grants
- Works directly with contractual provisions, interpreting contract language and working with faculty to ensure contract provisions are met
- Has full responsibility to oversight of multiple academic discipline/or units
- Responsible for the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data acquired during the course of work
Required Document(s): Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Transcript/Degree (Copy/Unofficial) 1
Additional Information to Applicants: Special Instructions to Applicants:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and can be faxed to 954-201-7612. On the fax transmittal, please state clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
To Apply Kindly submit online application with the required documents via http://jobs.broward.edu
Broward College is a community in which diversity is valued and is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
The College strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.