1. Executes quality control program through building inspection on a regular basis and documents inspections.
2. Implements custodial training programs to ensure that all department personnel are thoroughly trained in cleaning procedures, techniques, cleaning problems, and in the use of new methods and products.
3. Leads, and assists when necessary, assigned personnel to accomplish (non-) routine cleaning and to assist with special projects.
4. Monitors the operation in the use of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to ensure that work requests are completed on a timely basis and work performed is documented. Collects data and prepares reports relevant to work progress.
5. Assists in the determination of Building Services personnel needs; as well as, requirements for supplies and materials, equipment and prepares annual budgets accordingly, as required. Continuously monitors expenditures in all categories to assure that the budget is not exceeded and that funds are effectively utilized.
6. Coordinates the ordering, distribution, and storage of chemicals, tools, and equipment and supplies.
7. Oversees staff attendance, approves timesheets and takes proactive action if issues arise in collaboration with Director of Building Services.
8. Assigns personnel to established work area and project areas.
9. Adjusts employee work schedules due to absences, vacant positions, or other interruptions to ensure daily work requirements are completed.
10. Ensures positive customer and stakeholder relationships to include building effective formal and informal communication channels with stakeholders; soliciting information on needs, goals, and priorities and communicating with those who will be affected by change.
11. Gives corrective instruction or re-training in the proper use of clean methods, equipment, and safety. Conducts on-the-job training of staff, when needed and appropriate.
12. Ensures that proper supply guidelines are followed and staff is trained in use of all chemicals. Monitors safety of the workplace and ensures proper PPE are worn by staff. Ensures all custodial closets are kept organized, products labeled, and stocked with ample supplies for staff to carry out duties.
13. Verifies equipment is operating in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and if not, coordinates repair.
14. Provides effective human resources management for operation, including effectively managing annual evaluation process and complying with applicable EEO laws and policies; as well as, supervising union/non- staff. Participates in recruitment process to ensure vacancies are filled in a timely manner with the best qualified applicant for the position. Ensures that the work environment provides respect for others, values inclusiveness, builds workforce diversity, and fosters cooperation and teamwork. Directly supervises the work of the building services staff, assists them with technical/staff/training issues, provides advice and direction to resolve problem areas, identify means of improvement and ensures adherence with established performance and quality standards.
15. Oversees the pest control and single-stream recycling program.
16. Maintains a close, open communication and positive relationship with other department personnel staff.
17. Is considered an essential employee for the Facilities Management department in regards to severe weather or significant campus event.
18. Participates in snow removal or duties as assigned in response to college emergencies, as necessary and/or directed.
19. Effectively performs in a service environment and follows all county, state, college and departmental policies, procedures and practices.