EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT VACANCY
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DEAN
FINAL FILING DATE: Position open until filled. First review of applications begins April 11, 2014.
LOCATION: *SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: SUTTER COUNTY CAMPUS
SALARY: $108,439 - $119,687/YR. (Range 40, Management Salary Schedule
COMMENCING: July 1, 2014
Under the direct supervision of the President of Yuba College, it will be the general responsibility of this Educational Administrator to perform the following duties:
• Assumes overall responsibility for the educational program and related support services, including Instructional Services, Student Services; operational services.
• Develop and maintain the schedule of classes;
• Directs the recruitment, selection, supervision and evaluation of academic employees and classified staff;
• Develops and manages the campus budget;
• Manages and oversees the outreach activities and coordination for various educational centers for Yuba College.
• Directs planning activities related to the development of the college including the planning and implementation of capital projects and programs with appropriate College and staff;
• Directs the daily operations of the physical plant and grounds, including facility management and maintenance and campus environmental safety;
• Organizes and maintains all required records and reports including academic employee records, student academic records, student folders, attendance, course descriptions and grade reports;
• Serves as the College liaison with the community and promotes partnerships and programs in the service area;
• Assures the function of college information services at the college;
• Promotes economic development with local business and industry;
• Provides oversight and supervision to marketing and promotion activities of the college;
• Oversees the delivery of campus auxiliary services; including bookstore, safety, and food services;
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational Administrators at California Community Colleges:
• Possession of a Master’s degree; AND
• One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves; the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent, valued at over $18,000 annually with a $78.00 monthly out of pocket expense to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. . The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 12 sick days, 22 vacation days, 223 day/12 month contract.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE:
Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR TTY (530) 634-7760 OR visit the Human Resources web site at: <a href="http://apptrkr.com/441633">http://www.yccd.edu/hr</a>. A complete application includes: YCCD Management Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement, and a Cover letter/letter of interest, must be received not later than the final filing date.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Faxed, emailed or incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Interviews are scheduled for the end of April 2014. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board.
* This position is anticipated to be assigned to Sutter County Camus of the Yuba Community College District but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975 OR TTY (530) 634-7760.
1. In the interview, consideration will be given by the Selection Committee to factors other than education and experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
2. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee's recommendation for employment.
3. The College reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
4. The College reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
5. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services and Human Resources Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. The tear-off tab of the Application Form is provided for this purpose. Completing and returning this form is done on a voluntary basis by the candidate. If returned, the form will be detached from the Application Form and placed in our Applicant Flow File. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
6. IMPORTANT: Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.
Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Adopted October 12, 2011