Kern Community College District
Vice Chancellor, Educational Services
Reports directly to the Chancellor and serves as the chief academic and student services officer of the District and serves as the accreditation liaison with the Colleges. The Vice Chancellor provides overall leadership and utilizes data in planning, organizing, reviewing, coordinating, and evaluating district-wide instructional and student services programs and the development and implementation of policies and procedures of the District. It is expected that decisions are consistent with the Strategic Plan, California Education Code, Title 5, and Board policies. It is essential for this leader to have the ability to inspire and connect with all constituency groups across the District.
Knowledge and Abilities
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Oversees the development and implementation of the district educational and student services policies and participates in the formulation of organizational objectives, plans and strategies in accordance with the district’s mission.
• Provides leadership for the development of instructional and instructional related programs, and student services. Make recommendations to Colleges and recommend course and program approvals from the District’s colleges to the Chancellor for approval by the Kern Community College District Board and submission to the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office. Maintain an inventory of approved programs.
• Directs the timely and accurate preparation of records, reports, summaries and projections of data related to instructional and student services, funding, and the implementation of short- and long-range plans.
• Provides administrative leadership for accreditation.
• Ensures action plans and program review processes for academic and student support programs are completed and evaluated in a thorough and timely manner and those results are integrated into the strategic staffing, facilities, and budgetary planning processes of the District.
• Coordinate and supervise the development of the academic calendars and student fees for the District’s colleges.
• Utilizing data evaluate and recommend programs, standards, policies, and procedures within the parameters of state and federal laws to meet District goals for assigned instructional and student programs and services.
• Communicate and interpret instructional policies and procedures to administrators, faculty, and staff; communicate with government agencies and other education institutions to identify and research issues, interpret and explain policies, provide technical expertise, and exchange information.
• Encourages and works to inspire innovation in teaching and learning.
• Ensures evaluation procedures for academic personal are consistent with negotiated agreements and District policies and procedures.
• Acts as a resource to District negotiating teams and serves on teams as needed, assists in the preparation of proposals and ensures compliance with collective bargaining agreements.
• Prepare, submit, and administer budgets for assigned area and categorical and grant programs and funding; monitor and control expenditures; and assure proper maintenance of audit trails, documentation, and financial records.
• Direct the development and implementation of the District Strategic Plan and collaborate with the colleges in the development of the colleges Strategic Plans and Student Success Plans.
• Represents the District to local, state, and federal governmental agencies, businesses and agencies involved in creating, developing, modifying, and evaluating programs and services for community college students.
• Forge successful relationships with governmental agencies, business and industry, other educational institutions, and service organizations to develop and maintain articulation and collaborative activities.
• Supervise and direct assigned employees, including hiring and performance evaluation.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chancellor.
Please see job description for a list of desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Link to view entire job description – Vice Chancellor, Educational Services.
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
• A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible leadership experience as an administrator at an institution of higher education. This may include experience as a Vice President, dean, or district level administrative positions, administration of educational or student services, and other unique district level positions. Qualified applicants will have worked directly with the Chief Executive Officer on college or district priorities or initiatives.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Position Number: 00948
Posting Date: 03/03/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Minimum Salary: $123,298.00 annual
Maximum Salary: $176,117.98 annual
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Monday, March 24, 2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
For more information and to apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/4196