The Associate Vice President of Recruitment & Student Enrollment provides strategic and operational leadership, as well as oversight to all recruiting and enrollment functions including recruitment, admissions, orientation, and registration. The Associate Vice President provides leadership in meeting the college’s enrollment goals by collaborating with leaders in student services, academic services, administrative/financial services, marketing, and institutional research to create, implement, and evaluate best practices in enrollment management through student recruitment, student success and retention initiatives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· In close collaboration with vice presidents and market research determine annual recruitment and enrollment goals.
· Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment, enrollment and data-driven plans designed to attract and retain students and support diversity.
· Coordinate strategic enrollment planning, assisting with development of campus-wide marketing messages in support of a strategic enrollment management plan.
· Oversee the day-to-day operations for all recruitment, admissions, and student enrollment functions; assess operations and implement changes as necessary to achieve enrollment goals.
· Provides leadership in the development of innovative policies, procedures, programs, systems, goals, objectives and priorities in support of areas supervised; coordinates recruitment, admissions, orientation, enrollment, and other supervised areas to ensure complete, seamless service to students.
· Ensure aggressive recruitment of both traditional and non-traditional students and efficient and smooth applicant processing and services.
· Collaborate with the Dean of Development & Student Success to ensure student recruiting, enrollment and development needs and services are being met; partner with academic units to create partnerships that result in improved student success and access.
· Oversee the services provided through the ‘One Stop’ center and College call center.
· Represent the College on recruitment and enrollment related issues and work with College leadership to assure effectiveness of programs and initiatives.
· Provides leadership in the identification and recommendation of new and emerging technologies to improve recruitment, admissions, and enrollment functions.
· Actively participate in the branding and positioning of Washtenaw Community College’s image and visibility in current and new markets. Collaborate with all areas of the campus to effectively market the college to prospective students and the community at large.
· Promotes student satisfaction and outcomes.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Student & Academic Services.
· Master’s degree in Business, Education, Higher Education Administration, Student Development or related field.
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of student recruitment, admissions, registration, enrollment management or other related student services operations with minimum two (2) years at the Director level or ten (10) years of experience managing a sales force with minimum annual sales of $20 million.
· Experience in developing, evaluating and improving recruitment and/or enrollment strategies using a data driven perspective preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of the research behind and use of core concepts and strategies associated with enrollment management, including the use of social media and information technology.
· Outstanding oral and written communication, collaboration, and consensus building skills, to build and maintain coalitions with key constituents both on and off campus.