Job Bank Jobs:
Counselor, Full-time Faculty
|Counselor, Full-time Faculty|
|Community College of Philadelphia|
|Northeast Regional Center|
Community College of Philadelphia seeks to fill two full time, tenure track, generalist positions at the Northeast Regional Center beginning September 2014. Under the supervision of the chairperson of the counseling department, the counselor is an integral member of the college community, providing counseling, career guidance, and advisement services for students to help them determine and achieve their educational, vocational and personal objectives. Counselors help students to identify, alleviate and/or eliminate factors that may impede student's possible success in the areas of academic, vocational and/or personal achievement.
- Provide academic, career and personal counseling to a diverse community college student population.
- Participate in new student advisement, student orientation sessions, classroom presentations, assessment interpretations, and outreach activities.
- Assist students with the development and updating of an educational plan consistent with career goals.
- Develop, plan and conduct workshops to assist student retention. Such workshops may include but are not limited to classroom visitations, peer support groups, career exploration, transfer planning, stress management and cultural diversity.
- Teach department courses: Freshman Orientation Seminar (FOS 101) and Career and Life Decision Making (Coun 101) classes as needed.
- Maintain a level of proficiency in the use of current and emerging technology in providing information to students.
- Consult with faculty and members of the college community regarding students learning, behavioral and emotional needs.
- May be assigned minor administrative duties.
- Perform all other counseling duties
- An earned Master's degree in counseling or closely related field required. In addition, 1 to 3 years of recent (within last five years) experience working with a diverse college student population in a counseling setting at a college or university.
- Demonstrated ability to apply various counseling theories in the framework of the college educational setting.
- Understanding of the principles, objectives, and philosophy of counseling, career guidance, and student support services in relation to a diverse student population with diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrated experience with crisis intervention.
- Strong technology skills required, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products; working knowledge of web browser and related technologies.
- NCC credential or equivalent (e.g., PA licensure).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional referenced REQUIRED.
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vwn47qt
|Faculty (All Fields)|
Contact E-mail Address
|4/16/2014 12:00 AM|