In support of the U.S.-China Consultation on People-to-People Exchanges, each fall the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) leads an annual delegation of U.S. community college presidents and administrators to China. Delegates are given the opportunity to visit vocational and technical colleges in several locations/provinces across China and attend the Annual Conference for International Education in Beijing hosted by the Chinese Education Association for International Exchange’s (CEAIE). This year’s theme is “Vision, Innovation, Modernization” and will feature the first China-U.S. Vocational/Community College Presidents Dialogue on November 1.
Delegates may participate in one or both portions of the trip.
The AACC Global Partnership Delegation to China is designed to provide an opportunity to:
- Promote the development of vocational and technical education partnerships between China and the United States.
- Establish meaningful partnerships in workforce development and academic programs, including curriculum development and faculty exchange.
- Attend presentations on international student mobility.
- Visit a variety of vocational and technical institutions.
- Experience China’s rich culture.