This project is being conducted in three phases:
Phase I (completed):
AACC, AACT, and College Board, with support from the Lumina Foundation for Education, reviewed recent research to identify the need for a common accountability framework among community colleges, to identify the needs of community colleges, and identify potential next steps.
Phase II (current through fall 2011):
AACC and its partners are developing a voluntary framework of accountability to help community colleges gather and use data to improve their effectiveness. Elements of Phase II will include:
- Analysis of current college and state data collection efforts
- Development of a common set of measures
- Development of a conceptual model for the data collection and display tool
- Market research to gather input from community colleges
- Pilot testing of the common measures
- Development of a plan to encourage community college and state systems to participate in the voluntary accountability framework
Read more about Phase II
National implementation of the measurements established in Phase II.